Monday, November 21, 2016

Love gloves
You can up cycle/recycle or buy new gloves for this project
I found my gloves at the dollar store for $1 each. 
I like these gloves because of the texture and
they stretch to fit your hand.

first take a piece of card board and trace your hands and alit bit of your fingers not your whole fingers- cut the card board hand out
you will place this into the glove so it will give you a better idea of how the glove stretches and helps so you don't sew both sides together



take your mitten glove you can leave the rib top on the glove if you like
 I decided to cut it off. First turn the mitten inside out.
Then tape the glove (any tape will do ) and then cut the top portion off. 
I realized that the knit was not unraveling like I expected so I turned the edge over gently removed the tape and on my sewing machine used a zigzag stitch to finish the edge by turning the edge down and sewing the edge and self together.
If it is unraveling try using masking tape before you cut - cutting down the center of the masking tape fold the edge over and sew with the masking tape inside the fold.

after the mitten was sewn I turned it right side out. Place cardboard in adult glove. Place gloves together with the child glove on top and then I figured out how to place it on the adult glove so when my child was holding my hand her hand would be in her mitten. I pinned the glove down.

Time to sew I used off white yarn so you could see it better. 
I would use the same color as the mitten
I used a needle that hat is blunt on the end and only used one layer of yarn.

 Start from the inside of the mitten to hide your knot and work your way around the outside of the mitten connecting it to the adult glove when you get back to the mitten opening. Sew the inside mitten layer first to the glove. Then make your way around the outside opening of the mitten - knot off and thread your needle back through the glove knit to hide your end.




Now when you hold your child's hand in the cold you will both be warm :)




No comments:

Post a Comment